• Emmanuel Mission School aims to be an outstanding school where young people enjoy learning, achieve highly and enter into the adult world with confidence
• We aim to produce an environment that encourages each pupil to develop qualities of self-discipline, organisation, motivation and the enjoyment of working hard that makes them confident and competent members of society.
• We will continue to develop the positive ethos and learning culture throughout the school community with a commitment to continual improvement and meeting the very highest expectations.
• We will continue to encourage a strong and effective partnership with parents and the local community.
• We will continue to develop the literacy, creativity and communication skills so necessary for pupils to access the curriculum and take a full part in society.
• We will take every opportunity to reward pupils and enhance their self-esteem whilst supporting one another in demanding the highest academic and social standards.
• We will offer a broad and balanced curriculum which evolves to reflect the needs of pupils and the demands of modern society.
To develop in each pupil:
• Self-esteem and a feeling of self-worth.
• A healthy lifestyle and physical and mental well-being.
• Care and respect for people and the environment in a context of social, moral, multi-cultural andspiritual awareness.
• The ability to work as part of a team, developing a sensitivity to other people’s needs and points of view.
• A responsibility for their own learning and actions.
• An awareness of the modern world, and an environmental and aesthetic appreciation of it.
• The ability and confidence to communicate effectively. This includes development of the key skillsof literacy, numeracy and ICT.
• A sound scientific and technological understanding.
• The ability to understand and analyse information.
• The ability to apply knowledge and skills to solve problems.
• A creative and enquiring mind committed to life-long learning.